Thursday, May 1, 2008

Crappy Studio Tour

Well, I spent a lot of the last two days reconfiguring my studio for better ergonomics. Still not the greatest but it's a LOT better and solved the major problems I have had as my modular synth has been growing.

I actually made my FIRST ever video to show off the changes. It's really crappy, was done on a 3-year old digital still camera, and it cut off at the end because I ran out of batteries.... But anyway, it's my first video, and was done at 4am after moving all sorts of stuff around. Not the best, but you'll get the idea.

It's also my first ever YouTube upload. I guess I may try my hand at some more vids now that I have a YouTube account.

Anyway, good morning to y'all. Hope you like the video or at least have a laugh over how amateurish it is.....

2 comments:

J.w.M. said...

That's far from crappy-- If my studio were that well-organized, I'd be thrilled. Good stuff, and a great-looking setup. That second monitor's a very good idea. It would be cool to turn that into a touch screen display, allowing for live manipulation of software effects (not sure if you use plugs with your modular, but if you did, a touchscreen would rock).

Muff Wiggler said...

hey thanks! For what I have to work with (half of an unfinished furnace room in the basement), I think it's pretty good. I don't know if I will ever have a proper, finished room to use solely as a studio. And in truth I sorta like the dirty feel of it all. I spend all day with corporate stuff and men in suits. It's nice to have a dark hole to crawl around in when I'm done with that stuff!

A touchscreen would be perfection. I have a wireless mouse and keyboard (and the wireless Tranzport cubase controller), but it's often hard to find something to set them down on! Touchscreen would be HEAVEN