Monday, September 8, 2008
My synth reborn!
Any of you who have seen my synth know what a pain in the ass the layout is/was.
Those stupid rolling racks which I have outgrown have modules right down near the floor - makes it so hard to use them. Plus they take up way too much space, are too far apart, are hard to move, and are ugly as hell. I get so jealous when I see someone with wooden housings for their modulars, I think that wood and modulars complement each other so well.
Anyway, I couldn't find anything available to solve my problem at all, so I took matters into my own hands. I know nothing at all about woodwork, but I put in some effort and took my time, and things worked out far, far better than I had ever hoped they would. I solved all my problems, AND the entire project only cost me $40!
Here's a couple more pics for you, as always be sure to click for fullsize...
Finally, if you'd like to see the step-by-step process of making these, have a peek here at this forum thread where I documented the whole project.
Really, REALLY happy about this. My synth finally has the enclosure it deserves, and a layout that is fun and easy to work with. It's waaaaaay overdue.